The Top Menu bar in PlanGuru is no different from any other application you've previously used, but here are some details.
PlanGuru's top menu bar is broken down into six subject areas as follows:
1. File: From here you can open and save an existing analysis or create a new detailed or consolidation analysis. The Import Data item allows you to import accounts and balances from QuickBooks or Excel. You can also manage security, access other utilities and define the location of your PlanGuru data files.
2. Edit : This menu option allows you to alter many of the analysis setup options such as the number of historical and projected periods, and the use of actual results in the first projected year. You may also change certain company settings and the analysis level security privileges (admin only)
3. Reports: This menu option allows you to access PlanGuru's delivered reporting features (custom options are also available). These reports include forecasted financial statements, budget vs actual financials, Ratios, Break Even, Assumption and Comment reports.
4.Engagement Tools (Enhancement Edition Only): This menu option provides access to a set of tools designed specifically for our CPA community, and provides engagement documentation in accordance with AICPA guidlines.
5. Business Valuation (Enhancement Edition Only): This menu option brings up the business valuation module, which values your business based on the information contained in your PlanGuru analysis. This tool provides valuations using a number of broadly accepted valuation methods.
6. Help: This feature provides access to our internal help menu, license details, application version and provides the ability to deactivate your license if you need to swap it to another machine.