After purchasing the Advanced Reporting Add-In follow these simple steps to begin using this new tool.
1. Download the Add-In through the link provided in the "Your PlanGuru Downloads & Licenses" email. Click the link to initiate the download of an exe file containing the Add-In .
2. With the file downloaded, run the executable (.exe) file, and follow the Install Wizard instructions. Make note of the location where the files are being installed, you will need to know this location later.
3. With the Add-In activated the last step is to "point" Excel to the add-in file. Open Excel and click the “Office” or the “File” button in the top left-hand corner of the application. Next, click the "Options" button, and select "Add-ins" on the left side and click "Go" to Manage Excel Add-ins.
Use the browse menu to locate and select the “pgreports v6.xlam” file and click the “OK” button.
4. With the new Pgreports v6 selected, close and restart Excel to load the add-in.
5. Confirm successful installation right clicking on any cell within the Excel workbook, you should see a number of custom menu options including “PGR Refresh”, “PGR Settings”, “PGR Member Insert” & “PGR Help”
If these menu items don’t show up, navigate back to the screen shown in step 8 and confirm that the ‘Pgreports v6’ is shown within the “Add Ins” window and the checkbox to the left of it is checked.
6. Once you've installed the Advanced Reporting Add-In you're ready to begin building your own custom reports using this tool. For more help using the ARA please see this knowledge base post: https://planguru.zendesk.com/entries/23682332-PGR-Help-Manual-Using-the-Advanced-Reporting-Add-In